23 Jan How to use ITB Foam Roller
- Place the foam roller under your ITB (outer thigh), as per the image.
- Using your arms, very slowly move your body over the roller and back, allowing it to massage the outer thigh.
- Breathe normally and keep your legs relaxed.
- This can often feel slightly painful to start with but it will ease off.
- Repeat this process for 15 – 90 seconds.
- This exercise can be performed with both legs off the ground as per the image, or with the upper leg in contact with the ground (via the foot) in front of or behind the lower leg, whichever is more comfortable.